My software, hardware and gear - all in one place. Inspired by Wes Bos' uses.tech
full disclosure, I'm including some affiliate links for the hardware list!
Editor + Terminal
- VSCodium is my current editor. I made the switch to Visual Studio Code from Atom in 2018, and made the conscious choice to swap to the version with telemetry removed. Before that I used Brackets, Coda and Sublime Text. I wrote my first lines of code with Notepad++ in 2005.
- Default Dark+ theme, vs-seti icons.
- I keep my VS code extensions in a separate public gist.
- I use iTerm2 for my terminal. I change the font to Fira Code, and font-size to 14.
- I use Zsh as my shell, with the default theme.
- I am a recent Alfred convert, and paid for the powerpack.
- I use Notion for my todos, notes. I used to use iaWriter.
- I use Carbon Copy Cloner for backups and setups
- Designs in Sketch
- I manage SVG icons with Nucleo I use ico-moon to make icon sets.
- I compress all my images with ImageOptim. I've made Right Click >
Music Apps / Gear
- Ableton Live 10 is my DAW of choice these days. I used to rep Pro Tools 9 hard for editing and mixing.
- Loopback for more advanced audio routing
- Guitar Pro 7 for writing sheet music and sending over to band-mates, or for general archiving.
I built my own custom-made PC in 2012, and have been slowly upgrading it ever since. Now triple-booting Windows 10, macOS Catalina (10.15.2), and Ubuntu 19.xx.
Full PC specs:
- Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Corsair H100x Liquid CPU Cooler
- Asus Z87I-Pro Mini-ITX Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance "Low Profile" 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory
- 3x Samsung 860 Evo SSD's (250GB)
- 1x Samsung 860 QVO SSD (1TB)
- Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card
- be quiet! Straight Power 11 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
- NZXT H500 Mid-Tower
- Samsung C32JG5x 144Hz 2560x1440 Display
- My laptop is getting old, but still going strong. Mid-2012 15" Macbook Pro i7 with 16GB of RAM and SSD upgrades.
- At home, I use the Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma gaming mouse. For work I use an Apple Magic Mouse.
- Razer Huntsman Elite opto-mechanical keyboard (for gaming)
- Wired Apple keyboard (for coding)
- Samsung LC32JG51FDEXXY Gaming monitor
- Xbox One controller
- Raspberry Pi 3b 🍇
- I use the original Ableton Push for beats and midi-controller related things. Looking to upgrade some day!