My software, hardware and gear - all in one place. Inspired by Wes Bos' uses.tech
full disclosure, I'm including some affiliate links for the hardware list!
Editor + Terminal
- VSCodium is my current editor. I made the switch to Visual Studio Code from Atom in 2018, and made the conscious choice to swap to the version with telemetry removed. Before that I used Brackets, Coda and Sublime Text. I wrote my first lines of code with Notepad++ in 2005.
- Default Dark+ theme, default vs-seti icons.
- I use iTerm2 for my terminal. I change the font to Fira Code, and font-size to 14.
- I use Zsh as my shell, with the default theme.
- I am a recent Alfred convert, and paid for the powerpack.
- I use Notion for my todos, notes. I used to use iaWriter.
- I use Carbon Copy Cloner for backups and setups
- Designs in Sketch
- I manage SVG icons with Nucleo I use ico-moon to make icon sets.
- I compress all my images with ImageOptim.
Music Apps / Gear
- Ableton Live 10 is my DAW of choice these days. I used to rep Pro Tools 9 hard for editing and mixing.
- Loopback for more advanced audio routing
- Guitar Pro 7 for writing sheet music and sending over to band-mates, or for general archiving.
- Sound Toys 5 sound design plugins
Laptop for work
I am now the proud owner of the MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)!
- 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
- 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
All peripherals and display running through the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 dock Pro
My Gaming PC "POOTER"
I built my own custom-made PC in 2012, and have been slowly upgrading it ever since. Running Windows 10.
Full PC specs:
- Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6GHz (8 cores/8 threads)
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3000 Memory
- Gigabyte Nvidia 2080 Super 8GB Gaming OC mk2 GPU
- Corsair H100x Liquid CPU Cooler
- 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD's (250GB)
- 1x Samsung 860 QVO SSD (1TB)
- 6TB's worth of WD-RED Hard drives for archives and backups
- be quiet! Straight Power 11 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
- NZXT H500 Mid-Tower
- Samsung C32JG5x 144Hz 2560x1440 Display
- I use the Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma gaming mouse.
- Wired Apple keyboard
- Xbox One Elite (Series 2) controller
- Raspberry Pi 3b 🍇
- I use the Ableton Push 2 for beats and midi-controller related things.
- KORG VolcaBeats drum machine
- Arsenal of guitar effects pedals
- Yamaha HS50 monitors
- Vox MV50 Clean guitar amp
- more to come :)